Employment and Opportunities
Michigan Community Resources is a dynamic organization that offers competitive salary and benefits. We are always looking for individuals interested in bringing their expertise to our mission.
Job Title: Legal Assistant/Client Management Associate
Classification: Full Time Exempt
Location: Detroit, MI
Date: August 20, 2018
Michigan Community Resources (MCR) is a statewide nonprofit organization that seeks to build strong communities through strong organizations, strong leaders, and a strong non-profit network. Since 1998, we have equipped non-profit organizations serving low-income communities with the tools, resources, training, and consulting they need to do their best work.
A successful Legal Assistant/Client Management Associate possesses excellent project management and organizational skills. He/She excels at communication and relationship building with a wide range of stakeholders, especially nonprofit leaders and law firms. The ideal candidate is passionate about the importance and impact of the nonprofit sector in Michigan and seeks to build strong communities through supporting the development of strong organizations, strong leaders, and a strong nonprofit network. The Legal Assistant/Client Management Associate thrives in a collaborative environment working on multiple projects and prefers to work as part of a team. Additionally, the Legal Assistant/Client Management Associate will provide exceptional administrative support, develop efficient processes, and enhance program effectiveness.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Client Management
- Provide professional services to non-profit clients that promote MCR’s mission, vision, and values.
- Manage expectations and provide prompt communication to MCR clients to facilitate their participation in MCR programs.
- Cultivate strong relationships and communication directly with attorneys at state-wide law firms on referral cases for nonprofit clients.
- Work under the direction of in-house attorneys on direct counseling cases and the referral system.
- Assist in organizing pro bono legal clinics and workshops throughout Michigan.
- Provide editing for legal and organizational development related publications and toolkits.
- Program Organization & Management
- Manage files and maintain accurate, complete records for all nonprofit clients.
- Assist in the development and management of a comprehensive client record management system encompassing all MCR programs.
- Provide general administrative support to enhance the effectiveness of MCR programs.
- Tactfully juggle deadlines and calendars to promote an efficient organization and an exceptional experience for our partners.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and issue spotting to identify matters to be handled directly and what requires escalation to an attorney or Program Manager.
- Capacity Building & Technical Assistance
- Support nonprofit organizations in developing strong organizational skills like community organizing, project management, fund development, board governance, and more.
- Identify innovative and comprehensive strategies to connect communities to resources and public decision-making processes through MCR programs.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Support implementation of the organization’s communications plan including contributing to content for the website, newsletters, and other internal or external communications.
- Review national best practices related to MCR’s work and offer recommendations on applications throughout the state.
- Other duties as assigned by the CPO and CEO.
- Skill Requirements:
- Enthusiasm for MCR’s mission to serve nonprofits and low-income communities.
- 4+ years of work experience comparable to the job description.
- Exceptional project management skills, evidenced by previous work experience.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with diverse populations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly Proficient in MS Word, MS Powerpoint, and MS Excel.
- Preferred but not required qualifications:
- Experience working for a nonprofit organization or law firm.
- Experience using the SalesForce platform.
- Proficient in various social media platforms, Adobe Creative Suite, and WordPress.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and/or weekends.
Michigan Community Resources is an equal opportunity employer and offers a full range of benefits. Annual salary is commensurate with experience and credentials. Interested persons should send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and contact information for three references to Alisha Opperman, Michigan Community Resources, 615 Griswold, Suite 805, Detroit MI 48226 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Legal Assistant/Client Management Associate” in the subject line.
We accept internships for fall, spring, and summer semesters in multiple areas, including law, urban planning, communications and more. If you are interested in an internship/externship or would like to submit a general job inquiry, please contact: email@example.com.