Michigan Community Resources has produced a variety of tools. resources, and legal guides on topics affecting community groups and nonprofit organizations.
If you are looking for a particular resource not listed here, please contact us at email@example.com or (313) 962-3171.
- Greenfill Development: A Guide to Repurposing Vacant Lots for Flower Farming Enterprises (January 2016)
This guide helps identify how community groups can grow crops on vacant land and generate enough money to not only pay for the taxes, insurance, and long-term maintenance of the lots, but also supplement other community programs.
- Crowdfunding for Nonprofits: Legal Considerations for 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Organizations (September 2015)
This guide is intended to provide information for nonprofit/tax exempt or social enterprise organizations interested in crowdfunding. This project was made possible through the generous support of the Michigan State Bar Foundation.
- Crowdfunding Resource (September 2015)
This booklet includes go-to websites, helpful glossary terms, and quick guides on crowdfunding basics. This project was made possible through the generous support of the Michigan State Bar Foundation.
- Crowdfunding for the Entrepreneur: A Guide for Small Businesses in Michigan (September 2015)
Crowdfunding can help small businesses raise seed money and nonprofits fund campaigns to power programs and community projects. This guide is intended to provide entrepreneurs and small business owners with information on some of the legal issues surrounding investment crowdfunding. This project was made possible through the generous support of the Michigan State Bar Foundation.
- Crowdfunding & Local Investing: A Guide for Investors in Michigan (September 2015)
This guide is intended to provide information about different types of crowdfunding and local investing available in Michigan. This project was made possible through the generous support of the Michigan State Bar Foundation.
NEIGHBORHOOD PLANS & RESOURCES
- Integrated Strategic Planning for the Mt. Elliot Employment District (March 2016)
This report summarizes the foundational strategies and recommendations related to major infrastructure systems, programmatic elements, financing and organizational capacity that support the District’s vision.
- Southwest Detroit Business Association Marketing Materials (August 2016)
In 2015, MCR was contacted by Southwest Detroit Business Association to assist with the development of multiple instruments that can be used to attract and promote neighborhood commercial development.
- Grand River Commercial Vacancy and Market Analysis (September 2013)
The Grandmont Rosedale Community Development Corporation (GRDC) approached MCR to assist with a Commercial Vacancy and Market Analysis in the summer of 2013. MCR made findings related to vacancy and ownership, business mix, retail gap and commuting patterns. In addition, specific recommendations were made that included targeted corridor development strategies and future evaluation of commercial development.
- Revitalizing the Corridor: An Analysis of Commercial Markets in Detroit Neighborhoods (April 2015)
Prepared by MCR in partnership with ProsperUS Detroit, this report focuses on the five ProsperUS Detroit Target Areas including Cody Rouge, Grandmont Rosedale, the Lower Eastside, the North End, and Southwest Detroit. It provides information to place-based organization about how to attract, grow, and retain businesses in their community, as well as provide critical information to the ProsperUS enterpreneurs so that they may strategically site their businesses. Each individual chapter and executive summary is listed below.