WHAT IS THE GOAL OF THIS WORKSHOP SERIES?
Members and leaders of block clubs and other community-based organizations in Detroit will enhance their skills in key organizational areas through interactive activities, informative presentations, guest speakers, peer networking, learning, and much more. Participation in all ten workshops is encouraged, but not required, as each workshop builds on the previous session.
All workshops will take place from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. at
the University of Detroit Mercy – School of Architecture located
at 4001 W. McNichols, Detroit, MI 48221.
*Some sessions may run 30 minutes longer.*
- 1/14/2016 Effective Marketing & Media Strategies
- 1/28/2016 Fundraising & Fund Development
- 2/11/2016 Grant Writing 101
- 3/10/2016 Accounting & Budgeting
- 3/24/2016 Evaluation 101
- 4/14/2016 Community Organizing & Resident Engagement
- 4/28/2016 Volunteer Management & Recruitment
- 5/12/2016 Project Management
- 6/9/2016 Creating Effective Collaborations
- 6/23/2016 Succession Planning & Transitional Leadership
Were you able to make it to our workshops, but forgot something? Or maybe you missed the workshop. All educational materials presented at Neighborhood Exchange events, workshops, and additional networking opportunities can be found in our online library.
neighborhood exchange OFFICE HOURS
Michigan Community Resources invites representatives from organizations like block clubs, neighborhood associations, community development corporations, and other community based nonprofits to make appointments with MCR staff members to address a variety of organizational needs. Click here for more info about Neighborhood Exchange Office Hours