The Detroit Historical Society is gearing up to host the second iteration of the popular Youth Immersion & Leadership Development Program known as Detroit Design 2067, April 1- April 6, 2019. This is a special endeavor that positions high school juniors and seniors as leaders for the future by providing an in-depth experience to:
- Explore the history of July 1967 in Detroit with the creators of the now national award-winning Detroit 67 Project,
- Learn and apply Design Theory concepts with lead instructor Chanel Beebe and a host of other professional designers;
- Partner with four area businesses/community organizations to a develop solutions toward a problem their experiencing, and
- Earn a $350 scholarship to apply to future educational endeavors.
We’re now very pleased to announce that we will be partnering this year with these four organizations:
- Community Development Advocates of Detroit
- Detroit People’s Platform
- Detroit Public Television, and
- Global Detroit
The application is attached and can also be downloaded from our Website (*we’re working on getting the updated version online now, but the existing one is still fine).
If you have not seen it already, I also invite to watch this wonderful 10 minute video highlighting last year’s program created for us by our partners at Grosse Pointe War Memorial.