Tools & Resources
We produced a host of legal guides, tools, and resources on hot topics for community groups and nonprofits. Here is a list of the categories where you’ll find these publications:
- Economic Development & Entrepreneurship: Tools for supporting economic development and reducing barriers in distressed communities.
- Vacant Property & Community Use: Transforming vacant land to create opportunities for recreation, greening and growing in Detroit’s neighborhoods. Creating and improving parks and public spaces to build a sense of community in Detroit’s neighborhoods.
- Legal Guides for Nonprofits: Comprehensive legal manuals, neighborhood legal guides, and other resources.
- Neighborhood Stabilization & Planning: Maintaining and improving physical conditions to optimize quality of life in Detroit’s residential areas. Creating community driven visions of strong, vibrant neighborhoods.
- Organizing & Engagement: Uniting residents and organizations to address community needs and improve neighborhoods with resident and stakeholder involvement.
- Safety: Monitoring neighborhood conditions using data, mapping, and quality of life.
- Capacity Building Tools: Resources to build strong nonprofits and community groups.
- Neighborhood Exchange: We make Detroit stronger by connecting community groups to resources, news, workshops, and a peer network.
- E-Learning: E-Learning is an engaging, interactive, multimedia teaching tool. It helps community organizations in hard hit neighborhoods access simple guidance on the legal aspects of community development, including laws related to safety, land use, financing, projects, and more.