Neighborhood Exchange Office Hours
Michigan Community Resources invites representatives from organizations like block clubs, neighborhood associations, community development corporations, and other community based nonprofits to make appointments with MCR staff members to address a variety of organizational needs.
To be eligible for Neighborhood Exchange Office Hours, organizations must:
- Be an existing organization (not an individual working alone or looking to create a new organization)
- Be located in the City of Detroit
One hour appointments can be made for any of the services and topics below.
Topic Areas (Choose only one per appointment)
- Community Organizing & Resident Engagement
- Youth Engagement
- Volunteer Management & Recruitment
- Fund Development & Grantwriting
- Program Evaluation
- Program Planning & Implementation
- Succession Planning & Transitional Leadership
- Collaboration & Partnership Development
- Marketing & Media Strategies
- Nonprofit Start-Up Legal Assistance
- Intake for Request for Legal Assistance
Service Areas (Choose only one service you would like to receive for selected topic area)
- Consultation – Discuss challenges and ideas and brainstorm solutions together
- Document Review – Bring in an existing document for review and feedback
- New Document Drafting – Begin draft of a new organizational document
Documents include, but are not limited to, work plans, grant applications, flyers, surveys, newsletters, social media sites, and various program related documents.
To schedule a Neighborhood Exchange Office Hours appointment, please complete the application form below to the best of your ability. You will receive an email copy of your application form upon completion. A MCR staff member will review your application and follow up via phone within 7 days of submission for additional information.
If your application is deemed eligible and your organizational needs are a match for the available services through Neighborhood Exchange Office Hours, MCR will work with you to schedule an appointment. If your application is deemed ineligible or your organizational needs are not a match for the available services through Office Hours, MCR will attempt to refer you to other resources as appropriate both within MCR and with partner organizations.
Neighborhood Exchange Office Hours will take place monthly at rotating locations across the city. Appointments will be filled on a first come first serve basis. Due to space constraints, organizations are permitted to bring no more than two representatives to their appointment. To ensure availability for as many organizations as possible, each organization is eligible for no more than one appointment per month and a maximum of four appointments per year.
If you have any questions, please contact Alisha Opperman at 313.600.1117 or email@example.com.
If you would prefer to complete the application over the phone, please call 313.962.3171, extension 203.