Tools & Publications
We produce publications for use by nonprofit organizations and community groups which include comprehensive legal manuals, neighborhood legal guides, vacant property toolkits, and other resources.
find a library of past publications on our Tools & Resources page.
Here is a list of the categories in which we have produced publications:
- Economic Development & Entrepreneurship: Tools for supporting economic development and reducing barriers in distressed communities
- Vacant Property & Community Use: Transforming vacant land to create opportunities for recreation, greening and growing in Detroit’s neighborhoods; creating and improving parks and public spaces to build a sense of community in Detroit’s neighborhoods
- Legal Guides for Nonprofits: Comprehensive legal manuals, neighborhood legal guides, vacant property toolkits, and more
- Neighborhood Stabilization & Planning: Maintaining and improving physical conditions to optimize quality of life in Detroit’s residential areas; creating community driven visions of strong, vibrant neighborhoods
- Organizing & Engagement: Uniting residents and organizations to address community needs and improve neighborhoods with resident and stakeholder involvement.
- Safety: Monitoring neighborhood conditions using data, mapping, and quality of life
- Capacity Building Tools: Resources to build strong nonprofits and community groups
- Neighborhood Exchange: We make Detroit stronger by connecting community groups to resources, news, workshops, and a peer network